Important Saying of Blessed Chavara
(Founder Of CMI Congregation)
1. Children, you are God’s gift in the hands of your parents
2. The children who have a love of God and fear of God will love and
respect their parents.
3. Trust your mother, God will hear the prayers of the mother as yours.
4. Food is for the body, so is wisdom for the intellect.
5. Go to school regularly and recall to mind what is taught during the
6. Laziness fosters evil habits.
7. Let your friends be those who love God.
8. The day in which you have not done any good to your fellowmen
will not be recorded in your book of life.
9. Keeping bod books is like hiding fire in hay.
10. Regular reading of good books and meditating on them will
illumine the mind
11. Attain punctuality by means of a regular timetable.
12. You angels will be turned to devils, if you fall into evil situation.
13. You ought to reach home before evening and take part in the
14. Desire that others love you, and not that they fear you
15. Take special care to keep modesty while you sit, walk or lie down
16. You are to forgive and forget the wrong doings of others
17. Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell who you are
18. What you earn by deceit and theft will melt like snow
19. Idleness isthe mother of all vices and would induce one to the
habit of drinking
20. Both stinginess and extravagance are equally sinful
21. Had you not lighted the lamp during the day time, you could have lit
it during night
22. Do not insult or trouble the poor
23. God decides your vocation and it is you to choose it
24. If your parents have left any obligation of restitution, fulfill it with
diligence and devotion
25. Even if your are grown in age and maturity, you have to respect your
parents and submit to them
26. Do not hate your own brethren
27. It is the duty of children to look after their parents
28. Do not be the cause for your lparents to shed tears on account of you
29. The humble man is the greatest among men
30. Since you belong to God, you have to give yourself back to God